Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Too Many Choices

"What do you want to watch tonight?" Heidi asked me a little while ago.

I considered her question and thought about how times have changed since I was a kid. Back then, we had three channels and I pretty much memorized the TV Guide once I read it on Sunday with the comics. In early July, the choices were always between reruns or summer replacement shows, the latter of which were usually variety hours starring some newly popular musician. Although there had to be a consensus among all five of us in the family, we usually chose the new over the known. I can remember sitting on the living room floor in my summer pajamas, box fans in the window, and the TV tuned and turned up to the Carpenters, Mac Davis, Tony Orlando and Dawn, or the Hudson Brothers. 

Today, as I sat in my comfortably air-conditioned house with access to hundreds, if not thousands, of shows and movies, I sighed. "I don't know," I answered Heidi. "There's nothing good on."

1 comment:

  1. Have you watched "Severance"? It's on Apple TV - so good!

    ReplyDelete