Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Oh No! Our Table- It's Broken

 The custodian tapped on my door a few minutes ago. "Are you still having trouble with your table?" he asked.

I tilted my head in confusion. "I don't think so," I said with a frown. 

"It was this one over here," he pointed and walked toward the table by the window. "There was a note or something on it, but I accidentally wiped over it and then I couldn't see exactly what it said."

His description jogged my memory. "I think I did see a post-it over there yesterday," I told him, "but you know what? I think it was just something silly that the kids were joking about."

He jiggled the table. "Well, I tightened it up," he said, "but I wanted to make sure everything was all right. Just let me know if you ever need anything like that."

I thanked him, and as soon as he left I Googled, Oh no the table is broken, the phrase I remembered hearing some students laughing about. A ridiculous meme from 2018 popped up along with hundreds of parodies, many of them recently popular on Tik Tok, and a couple even with Squid Game theme. 

Mystery solved-- that table's been broken for years, and it's not even in our school. But I do appreciate that conscientious custodian.

No comments:

Post a Comment