Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Just One Thing

The warm-up question for class today and yesterday was "If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?" 

Even though I explained that it was really just a thinking exercise, the sixth graders took it very seriously, many of them posting answers and then replying to themselves to add or change their responses.

Here are a few examples:

Bread

Or maybe grapes

No actually it would be pizza

Pizza is my final decision

And this one:

Funnel cake 

Because its just soooo good in my opinion, but I would miss French fries

 Because French fries never let me down as well

LIKE NOT EVERRR!!!

There were also a few surprises:

Honeydew, I guess...

Or spinach

And

My choice would be whey because it would supply me with much protein. It wouldn’t taste very good but it is healthy.

 The kind without lead

There were also kids who tried to game the question

Eggs, cause you can have them lots of ways

Subway subs

Different pizza every day

But my favorite of these cheatin' answers was this one:

A sandwich with every single type of food on it.

"Wow, that's so smart," marveled another student. "You can just take off anything you don't like!"

No comments:

Post a Comment