Sunday, September 5, 2021

Buon Appetito

 "Did you get squash blossoms?" our neighbor asked when we rejoined our group at the farmer's market.

"Yep!" I answered.

"I did too," she told me, "but they were definitely an impulse buy. How are you going to make them?"

"Stuffed and fried," I said. "What about you?"

"With ricotta?" she asked.

I nodded.

"That's what I was thinking, too" she replied, "but..." She shrugged. "The last time I bought them they went bad."

"Frying them can be involved,' I said, "but they're good on pizza or sautéed with pasta, too."

"But frying them seems really appealing," she sighed.

This evening, as I was stirring together ricotta, locatelli, burrata, and fresh basil, I asked Heidi to text our neighbor and let her know that I had filling and hot oil ready if she wanted to bring over her blossoms, because making 12 is no harder than making six. 

1 comment: