Tuesday, June 1, 2021

At Least We Got That Straight

This morning I opened an electronic message from a student that was sent yesterday. "Do we have any asynchronous work?" it read. "I can't find any."

As luck would have it, the student walked in the door at just that moment. "I was just reading your message," I told him. "No assignments yesterday-- it was a holiday!"

"Thanks," he said. "To be honest I have no idea what any day is anymore," he laughed.

"But," I added, "you are missing that mini-project that was due a couple of weeks ago. And you have another one coming up today."

"I haven't had time to finish that," he said quickly.

"Really?" I asked. "Why were you looking for new work yesterday, when you knew you had this to do?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. 

"I guess you just like to know what you're not doing!" I shook my head.

"That sounds about right," he nodded.

No comments:

Post a Comment