Friday, February 11, 2022

What Else Would it Be?

Since we're in the middle of this media literacy unit and spending so much time focusing on commercials, I asked the young ad execs to post the make of a car they like as well as its slogan. No surprise, but those auto companies have some effective catch phrases, which can be useful models. In addition to Toyota: Let's go places, and Jeep: Go anywhere, do anything, I kind of liked Maserati: Excellence through passion, and of course, Subaru: Confidence in motion.

As for the sixth graders, the most popular car was Tesla, Drive free; one out of seven of the kids chose it, which is pretty good considering the number of car makers out there. A couple of choices that made me laugh were Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars, Kachow, as well as his buddy Mater, I can't fix it, but I can make your horn louder

And as if the fact that Tesla was the most popular wasn't enough to remind one how far we have entered the 21st century, 2 students chose the new flying car. "What's their slogan?" I asked.

"I don't know," answered one kid. "I think it might be, It's finally here!" and while I couldn't find independent confirmation of that, it seems just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment