Thursday, July 8, 2021

Decoration Negotiation

Years ago, I asked a friend for some fashion advice while shopping. "Do these match?" I held up a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

"They don't match, but they go," she answered, and my perspective was considerable widened. But the idea that things could be put together in a complimentary way without matching exactly did not fit my casual approach to dressing and decorating as easily as one might think. 

"Matching" is a yes or no question, but considering shades and colors and patterns in a more nuanced way requires some consideration. The absence of, pardon the pun, black and white rules can also make it difficult to agree with someone else about what goes together and what does not. 

And...

I think I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment