Tuesday, July 6, 2021

That's Why We Call It Practice

We were chatting with neighbors at the pool today when the topic of food and activity tracking came up. "We use MFP," Heidi said.

"It's great because it has so many foods in the data base," I added.

"I just think it might be hard to do it regularly," our friend sighed.

Heidi nodded sympathetically. "Tracey is really good at it, though," she reported.

"True," I confirmed. "I actually haven't missed a single day since May 2, 2015."

Our neighbors were stunned. 

"That's nothing!" Heidi said. "Tell them about your blog."

"I have posted my blog every day since March 1, 2009," I told them. "And I do this other thing where I post a selfie every day. That's been happening since December 2014."

I couldn't tell if they were impressed or convinced that there was something wrong with me. "It's just what I do to keep going," I said. "One day off and I'd probably quit."

"How do you find the time?" somebody asked. "What if you get busy or something?"

I thought about it a minute. "It probably doesn't take more than 30 minutes to do those things," I answered. "And to be honest, coming up with an idea to write about is the hardest part, so, thanks for that!" I laughed. "I don't always love what I wrote, but I am always happy when it's done."

No comments:

Post a Comment