Thursday, July 1, 2021

Rules of the Game

My family is full of folks who love a good board game. As such, we have amassed quite a collection of them, and few holidays or birthdays are complete without unwrapping a sturdy box with a new challenge within. 

My nephew, Treat, is our go-to guy when it comes to figuring out the rules and set up of all but the simplest games. He is able to read and explain even the most complicated set of directions with ease and humor. 

Oh how my sister and I missed him today as we muddled through a beautiful and well-reviewed game that I received for my birthday. It took us over an hour just to get halfway through the instructions and set up, and we never did actually get to play the game. I have no doubt that once we figure it out, it will be a lot of fun, and the complications will be forgotten when the gameplay is familiar. 

My sister has vowed to watch the video tutorial tonight, and I plan to reread the rules in the morning so that we might put my gift to good use. Oh, and I am definitely going to get Treat to play it with me when I get back to Virginia, just in case we miss something important!

1 comment:

  1. Directions sometimes hurt my head. That’s why I tend to stick with Spades.

    ReplyDelete