Monday, January 27, 2020

All is Found

After my doctor's appointment this morning we decided to see a movie. It was early enough that the only shows playing were out at a mall about 10 miles from our house, but that was fine because it was late enough to miss traffic, and so off we went.

Heidi's choice was Frozen II, and I went with it because I totally enjoyed the girl power sing along of the first one. Buying our tickets, I noted that the theater was not very full, and I expected it to remain that way on Monday of a school week. Boy was I wrong! We saw the movie with at least 50 toddlers and their caretakers.

As you can imagine, there was a lot of back and forth to the restroom, some talking, and even a few tears completely unrelated to the action on the screen. I didn't mind a bit though, especially because a big theme of the movie was about how everything must change. The preview of the new Scooby Doo movie had left me a bit nostalgic for those days when my nephews were much younger and we enjoyed a lot of kid films together.

Soon enough, these kids would be in school, and then out, and then taking their own little ones to a movie, so I just leaned back in my seat and enjoyed the show and the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment