Saturday, August 31, 2019

Labor Days

Being back at school returns definition to the weekends. Coming off a week at work, Saturday morning feels like something special, and the beginning of a three day weekend bursts with promise. I spent the early hours of my day reducing blackberries to jelly with rosemary and pink peppercorns, stewing the last of the fresh shell beans from the garden, and simmering down a batch of rainbow cherry tomato sauce. Rather pleased with myself, I turned my attention to rigging up that dishwasher rack to last just two more weeks until the new dishwasher arrives. Then I read the paper and did a little online research into some new furniture. And next? Blog written and fueled by blackberry jelly and black eyed peas with tomato I am headed to the gym, after which I will shower and dress for an evening with family.

And there are still two more days left of the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment