Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Back in Sorts

I confess to being a bit out of sorts as I left school at 4:30 this afternoon: It was too late to drop Heidi off and have any hope of finding parking at the gym; despite a rare no-teaching day tomorrow, I still had a lot left undone; the weather was hot and unpleasantly sticky. But on the way home it occurred to me that our pool was open-- I could put on my suit and get a little workout up there.

And that is what I did (after slogging through the temptation of simply staying home and squashing the anxiety of that first visit to the pool).

When I arrived, several families with young children were splashing in the shallows, and a couple was lounging in chairs by the diving board, but I had the deep end to myself. The water was perfect, and I swam and treaded and treaded and swam, watching the kids and clouds, and becoming ever more buoyant with each passing moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment