Thursday, May 11, 2017

K is for Kindergarten

I'm not the type of person who thinks of my pets as my children, and I really, really dislike the term "fur baby". It's not that I don't love my critters with all my heart; it's just that I know the difference between animals and people, and I respect the animals in my life for who they are. That said, you might be wondering how I found myself attending something called "Puppy Kindergarten" with Lucy.

I have to admit that there have been moments in each class so far when I have asked myself the same question, particularly when the instructor asks us how we would feel if we were in our puppy's place. Since I'm not a dog, I really can't say. In general, I favor an approach that is a little more focused on dog psychology.

But, like any good kindergarten the teachers know that their students need lots of time to play, and sitting back to watch a half dozen pups romp and wrestle is never a bad thing.

Life Lesson: Everything in life teaches a lesson, you just have to be willing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment