Saturday, May 13, 2017

M is for Meditation

"Sleep is the best meditation." ~Dalai Lama

As I write, the puppy is crashed out on the floor, all hot body and heavy breath.

What does she have to be so tired about? I wonder. Her days are spent sleeping and eating and playing and pooping and peeing-- how tiring can it be? But her days are also spent growing. In the less than three weeks we've had her, she has increased her size by about fifty percent.

Sometimes I wonder what it feels like to grow, because of course I don't remember. When I was growing, I didn't know any different, and when I stopped, I'm not sure I noticed a difference. But how could you not feel your body expanding: limbs lengthening, skin stretching, and back broadening, like the Incredible Hulk in super slow motion?

It must be utterly exhausting!

Life Lesson: Sleep well-- you have a big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment