Wednesday, May 8, 2024

R is for Real Time Reflection

The bonus question of the day was What is something worth celebrating? In addition to the usual birthday and holiday replies, I also heard some more thoughtful answers, too. 

"My aunt just finished chemo," said one young writer.

"My friend got a good grade on a test," offered another.

"The school year is coming to an end," said a third, but then she paused. "I guess that's good? But it's sad, too. I'll really miss this class."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"But not on days like today!" she scoffed. "When we have to take standardized tests? I'm going to celebrate finishing that!"

"I'm glad you got a chance to work that out," I told her and handed over a Jolly Rancher. "Do you feel better?"

"I do," she nodded. "I really do."

Life Lesson: Bring your good times and your laughter, too. We're gonna celebrate and party with you! ~Kool and the Gang "Celebration"

No comments:

Post a Comment