Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Bingo

The folks who planned our staff holiday party this year had a few fun games for us to play in between eating, drinking, and socializing with our friends and colleagues in the outdoor space they booked. Personally, I was engaged in conversation and so missed out on guessing the administrator, but as I moseyed over to Heidi and the teachers she was talking with, someone handed me a Bingo card. "Can you check off any full rows?" she asked.

I scanned the card. "That I have done personally?" I clarified, making sure it wasn't the Bingo where you try to find someone else who fits the square.

"Yes, YOU!" she answered.

Give detention, go to a boy's basketball game, attend a tennis tournament, I read. "Is there a time limit?" I asked. "Like should I have done these things this school year?"

"I'm not sure," she replied. "I don't think so."

"Well," I said. "If time is no object, I've got most of these. But I can honestly say I will never get this one."

"Is it the Tiktok video?" she guessed.

"Nope," I shook my head. "It's Be mistaken for a student."

"I guess I can see that," she agreed.

"Yeah," I nodded, "but it's really okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment