Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Wisdom of Mary

"I need rock candy," Emily said as we started our shopping excursion yesterday.

"That's unusual," I commented.

"It's for a kid in my homeroom," she explained. "Mary Brown told me that she asks her students a whole bunch of questions at the beginning of the year, and one of them is favorite candy. Then she just buys them a big one for their birthday."

I nodded.

"It's genius, really," Emily continued, "because you can just buy them in advance and keep them in your classroom. Except for rock candy," she shrugged, "but I figured I could find it at the beach."

And she did.

"Feel this shell," I told Emily this morning as we walked up the beach. "It's so smooth and soothing."

"It is nice," she replied.

"Mary Brown told me she keeps a bunch of these on her desk at school, and then gives them out to kids as fidgets. They love 'em!"

'That's a cool idea," Emily agreed.

"We should just have Mary here!" I laughed. "We've been talking about her the whole trip."

1 comment:

  1. Really...you should! Enjoy the beach, so far it sounds pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete