Friday, June 13, 2014

Centurion Pride

Another hundred day writing challenge has come to a close, and this year nine students made it all the way to the end. In a tradition I have come to cherish, several wrote, unbidden, about their pride in the accomplishment. Here is what some said:

Dear Writing Challenge,

You have made me a way better writer. I think that it is so cool how you challenged me to write every day about different topics. You made me cry, laugh, and celebrate, but it was all worth it because I have finally written 100 days... WHHOOOOOOOOOO! I am so proud of myself for sticking with it even when I didn’t want to write. My brother did it so this kind of runs in my family. I still am in shock that I have written 100 days. It is so crazy and I am going to go tell Ms S. right now.
Sincerely,
Lucy

Dear 100 day challenge,

Thank you for helping me become a better writer. I greatly appreciate it. You are super awesome. I am amazed at how fun this was. I loved this challenge so much and it was really fun. Thank you for doing this.
Centurion,
Kayra


Dear Ms. S,

Thank you for teaching me the joy of writing and the stories it can tell. Thank you for allowing me to become a better writer through Write Here Write Now. Thanks to you I have made it all the way to 100, and have become a centurion! I will never forget the impact you have made on my writing.
Sincerely,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment