Friday, March 1, 2013

Constant Comment

My commitment to my students is that I will read and comment on any piece that anyone posts for our writing challenge. All 82 kids had time in class today to kick-off their efforts, and though I know the number of posts will dwindle as the days pass, tonight that's a lot of replies to compose!

Fortunately, as I read through it tonight, as always the writing is warm and disarming, so personal and sweet that it doesn't take long to remember why we do this.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of commenting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge commitment on your part--kudos! I'll be lucky if I remember to post each day during March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it doesn't take long to be affirmed at all! I'm glad you are writing again this March. Your blog link brought a smile to my face.
    Happy writing (and commenting),
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey - and you post captured a sixth grade writer so nicely! Warm and disarming, personal and sweet - totally describes these young ones we work with!

    ReplyDelete