Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Lucy's New Routine

Heidi is allowed to walk as much as she can, but not with Lucy since any pulling could harm her newly-configured gut. So this afternoon when we ventured forth for a little fresh air, it was I who held the leash.

Oh my!

Despite the fact that I walk Lucy alone every single morning, the fact that Heidi was there, too, seemed upsetting to our dog. She looked back and forth between us and gave the leash that I always use (but Heidi never does) a very suspicious look. Once she was sure that Heidi had the treats, though, Lucy agreed to leave the house, even with those unexpected details.

The rest of the walk involved a lot of looking over her shoulder and crossing in front of us, almost as if she had never walked on a leash before. Who knew that our little red dog was such a creature of habit?

Not I!

No comments:

Post a Comment