Saturday, November 16, 2019

All the Fall

Many Saturday mornings you can find me puttering in the kitchen:sipping coffee, listening to the news, cooking breakfast, and baking vegan muffins for Heidi to take in her lunch. That hasn't been so for a couple of months, though. A combination of out of town travel and other commitments has kept me from my Saturday routine since early September.

Back then, autumn was no more than wishful thinking and a few apples at the farmers market. In fact, the last thing I baked was a blueberry coffee cake with a miso streusel.

On the third Saturday of November, though, fall has definitely arrived; our potted plants have been brought in, the wood rack is filled, and the weather is downright chilly. And this morning? I baked pumpkin gingerbread muffins with apples and cranberries.

That's more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment