Monday, February 26, 2018

Hippo Birdy to Lucy

All my life people have told me how lucky I am to have a summer birthday. "I guess so," I usually shrug without giving it much thought.

Heidi, born in November usually takes her birthday off; she is serious about celebrating. She even insisted that we always did something fun for our dog, Isabel, on her July 17th birthday, and our cat, Bingo, on his July 31st birthday.

Well, today was Lucy's first birthday, and, like most Mondays, we went to work and came home late. Wow. I guess school-year birthdays do kinda suck. Oh sure, she got the usual love and kindness and a walk to the dog park, but there was nothing special. Rather than feeling guilty, we consoled ourselves today with the promise that Lucy would spend all of next weekend at the beach with her cousin, Rosie.

AND, since she was born on an Oscar weekend, it's almost like having a holiday birthday.

Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment