Thursday, February 1, 2018

Haste Makes Waste

I was impatient this morning on my to work. The back up at one light was too long for me, so I made a quick left and cut through the neighborhood. A few blocks later, the back up at that light was frustrating to me, but since they were all turning left and I wanted to go straight, I steered to the right and scooted rapidly by. But, when I got to that last car, which was actually the first car, it was just a little over the lane line, and so without braking I moved a bit more to the right, and BAM! I hit the curb and blew my front right tire.

Bumping through the light and into a parking place 8 blocks from school, we abandoned the car, grabbed our stuff, and walked the rest of the way, planning to deal with the situation after the last bell.

And so, from 3:30 to 4:30 our breath blew lazy clouds in the cool damp air as we stood around waiting for AAA who finally arrived an hour and a half later than they told us they would. The guy was nice enough as he put the donut on and inflated the other tires, but...

clearly, this was not how I pictured my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment