Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What Does the Groundhog Say?

Spring ding ding ding springa ding ding ding!

Or something like that.

Just yesterday, mild temperatures and blue skies had given me some springtime in my step, but this morning when I took the dog for our walk, my eyes watered and the pine trees at the bottom of the hill whined in the chill wind.

Exactly one month after Punxsutawney Phil concluded that spring was right around the corner, I had my doubts, especially considering that we were only two weeks out from the alternative, six more weeks of winter. And then there was that slushy mix that is in the forecast for tomorrow night.

Oh well. Maybe we'll get that one last snow day.

2 comments:

  1. So funny that when I read the title of your post, that song rang through my head. But, I guess that was your intention. Anyway, I'm not sure where you live, but this sounds like life here in central Ohio. We like to say, "If you don't like the weather, just wait around 5 minutes." Some days we even experience all 4 seasons in one day! It's currently 26 degrees, but by Wednesday of next week, the expected high is 70 degrees. I'm pulling for the Spring around the corner. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping for one more as well! Pajamas on inside out.

    ReplyDelete