Saturday, December 8, 2018

Correction

I ran into Jill, the cat rescue lady, the day after I posted about Tibby and Milo playing with the ball on the track. She actually lives right around the corner, and we sometimes marvel that we had no idea how close our kittens were before we adopted them. I'm sure I walked right by there several times, and I wonder if they were in the window waiting for me to look over.

At any rate, on this particular morning, I hailed Jill heartily as she walked her dog toward me and Lucy. "I was just thinking of you!" I told her. "Tibby and Milo were playing with that toy you told us they love, the one you said they were the only cats to ever play with."

She looked pensive, and then her face lightened. "The ball and the track?" she remembered. "Oh, my cats still play with that all the time and they are 7 and 8. They love it!" she concluded amiably.

My face fell. I could have sworn she told us that our cats were the only cats she ever saw play with that toy. But, then I shrugged and smiled back at her. "Well that must be who who our kittens learned from!" I recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment