Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Putting the Home in Homeroom

When, just a few seconds before the bell, my two chronically late (or absent) homeroom students rushed in, eager to be on time for the first time in weeks, I...

cheered!

And my applause was infectious-- ten other kids celebrated right along with me, showering the boys with praise and commendations for doing what they themselves do every single day.

What else was there to do, then?

Well, of course, it was cookies for everyone! I happily raided my snack cache and bags of chocolate chippers flew through the room, all of us appreciating the sweetness of the moment, I with fingers crossed that my prodigal students will find their way to school on time again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to rejoice together?! I'm sure tardiness will be a thing of the past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to steal this little nugget and try it with one of my chronically tardy students! Thank you for sharing...your slice and your snacks : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed! So excited that there was cause for celebration.

    ReplyDelete