Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Write the Writing You Want to See

The 6th graders have to write an introduction to themselves, so using the guidelines and planning questions we gave them, I composed my own. Enjoy!

Hello! I am Ms. S. and I am really glad to be teaching you this year! Here is a little information about me:

I was born in Washington, D.C., but we moved out to Falls Church when I was one year old. After that my family lived in New Jersey and then Saudi Arabia. I went to high school in Switzerland and college in New York before returning to Virginia. I've taught sixth grade English here at Jefferson since 1993, but it never gets old or boring. 

 I'm the type of person who likes to stay busy, so in my spare time I cook, work in my garden, read, play pickleball, and go hiking. I also do yoga and write every single day, because I think regular practice is important in building skills. During the pandemic I started baking bread, and I still do that once a week. I also have a goldendoodle named Lucy, and I love spending time with her and my two cats. 

 My goal for this year is to combine learning and fun. I like to think that although school is mandatory, it doesn't have to be boring. I hope we can all work together to make our English class the best it can be. Are you with me? Okay! Let's do this!

1 comment: