Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Finicky

After picking some Maine lobsters for dinner tomorrow night, I had a few scraps and some gorgeous scarlet tomalley left over so I thought I'd give the cats a little treat. I chopped everything finely and presented it to them with a flourish. They trotted eagerly to their dishes and sniffed the unexpected presentation with enthusiasm. Then they stopped, looked at each other, shook their heads in confusion, switched dishes, looked at me, and then literally turned their noses up and walked away.

"I'm not trying to force anybody in this house to eat lobster!" I told them, but then shrugged and sprinkled a couple of pieces of dry cat food over the offensive sea bug. The magical tinkle of kibble hitting metal got them back in the kitchen, and once they were eating, it all was all good, and they ate their lobster, too.

I hoped they enjoyed it, because that's probably the last time it will ever be served to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment