Thursday, June 28, 2018

Times Have Changed

I hadn't been to the little strip of shops in years, but just pulling into the parking lot and looking for an elusive spot brought back lots of memories of lots of time spent there. The first Thai restaurant in town used to be there, so was the Village Bistro, and Rays the Steak house. All of that is gone, each establishment turned over at least two or three times since I had last patronized the strip.

Today there was a very long line out the door of the new Greek place. (Who knew June 28 was dollar gyro day? A lot of folks, evidently.) And the coffee shop looked crowded, too, but we were there for Pho. My nephew has just returned from a month in Europe and he invited us to lunch. It was fun hearing about his travels and catching up, and the soup was delicious, quite possibly the best in town.

And when we were done? Riley picked up the check.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the same documentary today. I never thought I liked Mr. Rogers very much because I couldnt believe anyone could be that nice. Apparently I was wrong...I cried a lot during the film.

    ReplyDelete