Saturday, June 2, 2018

Second Hand

We were on our way out to a garden center this afternoon when it began rain. "Wanna stop over at the big thrift store and wait out the storm?" Heidi suggested, and so we did.

With nothing in particular to look for, we browsed through the clothes, on to the furniture, and then over to the housewares just looking for a deal. After scooping up a pair of three dollar Eddie Bauer cargo shorts to wear to the garden and a 1 quart All Clad pot for $4.99 (I know!), I amused myself by going back to the clothes and through the t-shirt rack.

More than any other items, this collection gave me a sense of where all this stuff had come from. Well-represented were local high school booster clubs, college Greek life events, and religious camps. There were also a few pro team fan shirts, some Abercrombie t's, and a couple of plain solid colored shirts from Hanes, Target, and Champion.

Nothing was more than $2.99, but in the end, I walked away without one, because none of them were really me. Probably because most of them were really somebody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment