Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Career Options

I left school after another ten hour day today and headed out to run a few errands. My teeth were grinding a bit on the way out the door, because I couldn't get to a working copy machine to prepare the materials I needed for my lesson tomorrow, but I resolved to go in early to make them; it was my only option.

My first stop was the office supply store to buy some supplementary things for students who do not have them, and then it was on to the grocery store where, at the check out, I saw an unfamiliar magazine. Modern Farmer, issue 06, has a wary cow on the cover and a neon-orange question, So you want to be a farmer? 

Um... Maybe.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Why not? You already grow award-winning pumpkins. I can picture you and H retiring on a farm somewhere in Virginia..maybe near the other school to farm jumper, Larry Grove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word! I saw Larry last June at Mimi's retirement party and he looks great!

      Delete
  2. He always does! Next time someone important retires, please alert me. I want to get invited to some of these things. Certainly YOUR retirement party...xo

    ReplyDelete