Monday, January 6, 2014

Shiver in my Bones

Of course the big news here is the impending cold, predictions are for perhaps a degree or two above zero over night and into the morning, a twenty year low. Or, I should say, the big news for us adults is the weather-- we seem to know all about the polar vortex. Today one of my homeroom students appeared in shorts, as usual. "Are you going to wear those tomorrow?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Yep."

I have another student who told me recently she never uses her locker. "But, where do you keep your coat?" I asked her.

"I hate coats," she answered.

This morning she, too, was on my mind. "You will wear a coat tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Nope," she answered. "I hate coats."

To be fair, neither of them had any idea of the extreme cold predicted for us tomorrow... I can only assume that their parents do.

No comments:

Post a Comment