Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Outside Job

"I'd bump that guy off if I thought I could get his job."

So said I on a field trip to our local nature center, as the students dined on the flagstone patio of the main building in the warm sunshine of this cloudless day, spotting deer and all sorts of other wild life, after our tour of the park where the director not only gets to live on the property with access to all the historical nature trails, but his house, which is right next door to a huge vegetable garden and the resident falcon and owl enclosure, is also outfitted with a solar water heater and attic fan.

To her credit, my colleague looked shocked, but I knew she was wondering if there was any way...

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I bet he's not the only one you've considered bumping off for a good teaching job outdoors. Rhymes with peel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me there. Those guys are lucky I'm a non-violent semi-vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't that be a dream job? I'm sure there are some frustrations with a job like that, but on a beautiful spring day like this, I can't think of any!

    ReplyDelete