Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Keeping It Going

I hadn't realized how spoiled I was last month until I noticed how glum I've been recently since my friends haven't been posting to their blogs as regularly now that the Slice of Life Story Challenge is over. It was a great way to check in and see what was on their minds, plus there was some awesome writing, and now I miss it. So I was really glad when Mary at Scattered Thoughts posted last night, and I'm hoping Leah and Ellen will blog again soon.

My students expressed so much disappointment when the challenge was over that I set up a space for them to continue slicing, and I renewed my commitment to reply to everyone who posts. It's a lot of work, but in the end I asked myself what kind of English teacher I would be if I denied them the chance to write when they wanted to.

You can still read a daily sample of their work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment