Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What Crosses Your Path

When I was a kid, spaying and neutering were only then becoming the responsible thing to do for your pet, and so our family presided over the birth of five litters of kittens and ten puppies before our cats and dogs went under the knife. Thankfully, my mom found homes for them all, but they were so cute and adorable, it was always hard for us kids to say good-bye.

Today I heard from a friend who adopted a cat that turned out to be pregnant, and so now my friend has four newborn kittens. Despite the fact that they're all jet black, I still think she's pretty lucky.

1 comment:

  1. My cat, who was supposed to be a boy, had two litters of kittens in my parents' closet. It was great fun having all those kittens around the house.

    ReplyDelete