Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is that Opportunity or the Cable Guy Knocking?

When it became clear that our little network problem was neither going to resolve itself or be fixed by me, I gritted my teeth and called my Internet Service Provider. I don't like to ask for help. (Yes. I'm aware that's an issue that I should work on.) After I waited on hold for more than 10 minutes, the agent who answered my call couldn't do anything other than schedule a service appointment. The first available technician can't come out to the house until Friday. Not happy news.

Over at Mad Woman in the Forest, Laurie Halse Anderson is proposing a Blog Free February. Her point is that there is a lot of distraction on the internet, and taking a month away from it may break some bad habits. Maybe. I'll be interested to see how a week without the internet at home plays out for me. At the moment it feels more like a giant nuisance than the opportunity for positive change, but I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment