Monday, January 20, 2020

Threagle

How likely was it that I would see a bald eagle soaring over the congested route to Target, just a couple miles from home? I'd say not very, and yet there it was on Saturday circling lazily in the icy climes.

How likely was it that I would see a bald eagle on the way home from the outlet mall yesterday? Again, I'd say chances were slim, but there was our national bird perched proudly on a power tower right by the side of the interstate.

And I bet you'd think I might be a bit less surprised to see a bald eagle this morning soaring over the road that leads to the gym, but you would be wrong. I gasped and craned my neck, squinting into the thin January sun ready to pinch myself when I spotted that iconic white head and tail fan.

Three days and three eagles... what will fly by tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. Bald eagles nest on Lake Barcroft in Falls Church, a few miles from you. Sometimes they perch on a treelimb by my porch. It is always a shock.

    ReplyDelete