Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Attention! Part 2

"How're you doing?" asked the teacher.

"Fine," the student shrugged. "Why?"

"Well, you know, your niece?" the teacher replied.

The students eyes widened. "Oh. I'm okay, but I don't want to talk about it."

"But your parents," the teacher continued, "how are they? I think the school should reach out to them."

"Oh, no," answered the student. "They're over it."

"But it was just Thursday," said the teacher, "what about the funeral?"

The student waved her hand. "We had that already."

I shook my head as my colleague repeated this conversation at lunch.

"I know she's probably lying, but part of me wonders, what if it's true?," she said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Which part?"

She laughed. "I guess the crazy gullible part."

No comments:

Post a Comment