Monday, July 1, 2019

Bday Recap

Every birthday is an opportunity to remember the joy in my life. Some years I am in places I love; some years I do things I love; every year I spend the day with people I love.

This year was no exception: Yesterday I woke first and spent the earliest hours of the day watching an amazing shelf cloud swirl down from the north and out to the east. I opened thoughtfully chosen gifts and enjoyed a delicious breakfast with Heidi and my mom. We went to the movies and were immersed in Yesterday, a sweet confection of a film. We enjoyed a delicious meal at a restaurant conceived of by one of the most innovative chefs in the Twin Cities, and when we were satisfied and full, we emerged into a clear evening, neither too hot nor too cool, and walked down to the historic Stone Arch Bridge spanning the Mississippi and St. Anthony's Falls.

Twenty-first Century technology allowed me to see and talk to Bill and Emily, Courtney, Jordan, Richard and Annabelle, and the day ended with a board game and a final chorus of Happy Birthday at my actual birth hour.

I know. Wow! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment