Monday, March 11, 2019

On Principle

I set myself up yesterday for an easy post complaining all about Daylight Savings Time today.

Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately?), such a rant failed to materialize for me: I spent a nice day yesterday with friends and family and never really missed the hour. I went to bed relatively early and woke up right away when the alarm went off. I wasn't too tired today, and my students seemed fine, too. Leaving school at my usual too late hour, I was pleased to see that it was still very light out and enjoyed a sunny walk to my car.

Hmm.

Could it have been the meditation on forgiveness I listened to yesterday? Could such a notion extend to an abstract concept like arbitrary time change?

Naaaaah.

I still hate you Daylight Savings Time!

3 comments:

  1. At least you know how to prepare for the dreaded day next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good day, overall, despite DST! I'm voting for the meditation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you fared well, but also content to know you haven't been converted. DST is the worst.

    ReplyDelete