Sunday, March 24, 2019

My Partner My Foe

We had no real plans for our Saturday evening when my adult nephew texted to invite us to game night. He was making pizza, his brother was bringing some beer, and his girlfriend was coming over after work. My brother made a salad, and we brought a bottle of Italian red and dessert. The NCAA tournament was on mute, and the dogs wrestled as the six of us matched wits playing a couple rounds each of Think 'n Sync and Listography.

Both games are an interesting mesh of competition and cooperation, requiring players to think outside themselves and imagine what their opponent/partner might be considering as each determines the "best" answer. Such empathetic competition can be an oxymoron hard to wrap your brain around, but lucky for us, we're all connected already.

2 comments:

  1. I love how connected you all are - it's such a wonderful group of people. Fun - Have you guys played Concepts? Not empathetic, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete