Saturday, March 2, 2019

Family Breakfast

I took advantage of the new conference call feature on FaceTime to catch up with my mom, brother, AND sister all at once this morning. It was really fun to share some Saturday morning routines with each other despite being hundreds of miles away. My niece showed us her cheer routines from the student-teacher basketball game the night before, my 13-year-old nephew chatted briefly about the banana skin in the new season of Fortnite before grabbing an ice cream sandwich for breakfast.

"I can't complain about him not eating a healthy breakfast," my sister shrugged. "I had cinnamon toast this morning."

"I had cinnamon toast this morning, too!" I said. "I don't even know the last time I had it, but I just felt like it this morning!"

"Me, too!" my sister replied.

"I forgot how yummy it is," I added.

"Same!" my sister agreed.

My mother looked a little disapproving, whether it was the ice cream, the cinnamon toast, or both, was hard to tell.

"You can still get in on this!" I told her. "You're an hour behind!"

5 comments:

  1. This is too funny! It ruins my husband's whole day when we run out of cinnamon sugar. Sounds like your weekend is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A conference call on FaceTime...what a fun idea! I need to give that some thought, for staying in touch with my siblings. So nice that your morning started out with such fun family time! :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun - I think I'm craving cinnamon toast now. We only used to have that when we were sick. What a treat. Glad you got to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One big vote for cinnamon toast here! My cousins and I once went through an entire loaf of Wonder bread when we went on a cinnamon toast binge. It's so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisters on the same wavelength while their mother grimaces. Nothing finer.

    ReplyDelete