Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Cinna-bueno!

Annabelle was skeptical.

She wanted to make frosted cinnamon buns a la Tasty and was very interested when I told her that I had a fantastic recipe.

But...
the pumpkin?
the dates?

It just didn't sound delicious.

"We can make both recipes," I promised, "and do a taste test."

But this morning, we only had the ingredients for mine. "We can go to the store and make both later," I suggested.

"Let's just make yours," she said, which was fine with me, because as I said, I love my easy vegan recipe.

And so we did. The dough came together beautifully, rose quickly, and rolled perfectly, and the pureed dates with cinnamon were the very picture of gooey filling. A little chai glaze and vanilla frosting, and the smell alone had everyone in the house hanging around the oven.

To her credit, Annabelle admitted that they were delicious, and since they are almost gone? Our plan is to make another batch on Friday.

(Here's what A-belle has to say about the C-buns.)

No comments:

Post a Comment