Tuesday, May 15, 2018

What a Drip

"Your washer's not leaking, Ma'am," the technician informed me. "The spring is broken and water is splashing over the top." As he spoke, he gestured toward the washer, stripped of its outside panels, the tub swishing nakedly along.

"Are you sure it's not any of the hoses?" I asked dubiously. "There's some water on the floor right there."

"All the hoses are fine," he assured me.

"There's water coming through the ceiling down here again!" Heidi called up.

He went down to check and returned looking alarmed. He turned back to the washer with the flashlight on his phone. "Ma'am," he said, "I have some bad news for you. The whole tub is cracked."

I looked at him and at the washer. "That's a lot of water in there," I said.

And...

it's
still
dripping.

2 comments: