Sunday, May 27, 2018

The Half of It

As I mopped up a relatively small puddle on the dining room floor yesterday, I wondered where most of the water dripping through our ceiling had gone. Ever the optimist, I shrugged it off with the assumption that it must not have been as big a leak as I originally thought.

Flash forward to this morning when I grabbed a shopping bag with 2 pairs of shorts to return off the back of the dining room chair it had been slung upon. The denim shorts and their labels and tags were sopping wet. Glancing up, I saw that they were directly under the hole in the ceiling.

I guess it was a lucky break. The shorts will dry, and I can still return them when they do, and the floor was spared. And if there had been a glass around? I'm sure that would be half full, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment