Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Dauntless

Around here, winter has been rather unsatisfying this year. I saw more snow in Georgia in December than I did in my neighborhood all winter long, but since we were still scuffed by every single major storm to pass our way, the weather has been extra cold and extra windy.

And it's the bitter wind that can really get you, especially in that predawn hike from the parking lot to the school. I keep a box of tissues on my desk just to wipe my nose and eyes every morning.

When confronted with such adversity, it is always my first instinct to hunch my shoulders, lower my head, and brace my entire being against the blitz, but this winter has taught me something new. Instead of bowing to the wind, I lift my chin, square my shoulders, and march straight ahead!

Right to my box of tissues.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this before--don't let the weather boss you around. At the same time, aren't you glad spring is around the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hunched and braced out there. I may stop by to take a tissue. :)

    ReplyDelete