Monday, March 5, 2018

28 Day Warranty

It’s always hard to leave the beach, and today it was especially difficult since

our brand new car wouldn’t start!

Half of our group was already gone when the nifty trick of simply placing my foot on the brake and pushing the button yielded no results, not even the click click of the key in the ignition. There was no explanation on the  fancy screen; it too remained blank and powerless.

How could a 4 week old battery be dead? You ask. We asked the same, but luckily my nephews had jumper cables, and  after considerable searching I found the hood release. By then a work crew had arrived to replace a deck on the house and the others in our party had returned. Once connected , power immediately returned to the dash and display, and a few tries later the engine turned over.

We all agreed I should keep it running until we got home, and we made it without further mishap. It’s starting just fine now, and I have a courtesy visit already scheduled with the dealer for Saturday. You bet we’re going to have a few things to discuss. 

3 comments:

  1. I just had to replace the battery in my car as well. I haven't had good experiences with the service department at the dealership and have decided never to patronize them again. Checked out online reviews and found a really good local service shop with fair prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, that blank screen must have been so dismaying. I'm glad you had a crew to get you back on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew - so glad you made it home safely. These new-fangled cars, you don't know what is going on when you hear the click click.

    ReplyDelete