Sunday, February 18, 2018

True Love

Like any married couple, we have our routines. One of them is that Heidi likes to sleep in on weekends, and so as the earlier riser, I take the dog out, make the coffee, and feed the pets. Our last dog, Isabel, was definitely a canine introvert, and since she was 13 when we lost her, I also remember her as especially compliant. Taking her out in the morning was a five minute job.

Lucy? Not so much. First of all, she's a dog's dog-- she knows all the many many dogs in the neighborhood by sight, and she never met a dog she didn't want to pull your arm out of the socket to greet. Peeing and pooping take a back seat to any other distraction, especially dogs, and did I mention we have a lot of dogs around here?

So... not only do I have to interact and be all neighborly with every other dog owner we meet, I also have to wait at least 15-20 minutes before my first cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment