Monday, February 12, 2018

No Credit to Me

I've had a lot of great homerooms over the years, and a few rather challenging groups, too, but never have I had a TA like the one I do this year. They are amazing! At the end of the first grading period, 11 out of 12 were on the honor roll and the other student missed by 2 percentage points. In addition to being responsible students, they are conscientious as well, completing their community service activities and always arriving on time.

It is for this last strength that they were rewarded this morning, being chosen from all the other 6th grade homerooms as the on-time champs for the month. Along with the recognition comes temporary custody of a shiny trophy and the choice of either a pizza party or squish balls for everyone. The group was nearly unanimous in their selection of the fidgets. "Pizza's good," one of them said to the class, " but squishy balls will last long after pizza is gone."

I was telling a colleague about it later in the day. "That's incredible!" she said.

"I know, right?" I agreed. "They would knock the marshmallow test right out of the park!" I thought about it, and then shrugged. "I guess it's really not that surprising. That's why they are so good."

No comments:

Post a Comment