Friday, February 2, 2018

Imagine Doing this Every Day

A parent of a student who is struggling with a few things here at school asked if she could spend the day attending her daughter's classes. Other teachers may not feel the same way, but personally, my classroom door is always open: any educator, administrator, or parent is welcome to stop by without notice. As I laughed to my co-teacher today, tickets to this circus are always free.

Even so, in all my years of teaching, despite having heard several parents threaten to spend the whole day, and even having a couple attend one or two of their children's classes, I've never seen anybody's mom or dad actually do a whole day of middle school.

Until today.

As far as know, all went well in the classes she observed, but let me tell you, by sixth period, when I saw her? There was sure was a lot of yawning coming from Mom. Was she bored or exhausted?

Hard to say, but either way, I think she'll sleep well tonight. AND I hope she will also rest easier about her daughter's education.

No comments:

Post a Comment